Monday, January 15, 2018

KNEELING TRIPOD (Confessions of a Photographer's Wife)



   

         I hope you’ll excuse the fact that I’ve hijacked the blog for a few minutes.  This is me (Truman) with Jim as he gets up close and personal to one of Jo's plants.  Now you see what I have to put up with!!!  It all started innocently enough.  Jo had told Jim about the flower spikes that were growing from one of her favorite sedum plants.  He went to have a look and, first thing I knew, he grabbed me, started adjusting my legs, and set me up as near to the ground as I ever hope to be.
          Actually it was a nice day, sunny and warm, and I didn’t mind that much.  I just don’t want Jim to think I’m at his beck and call… though, come to think of it, I guess I am.                                                                             
          Being the primary tripod in this photo-happy group is actually a privilege.  I’ve been called upon to help my owners out in all types of situations.  Jo has used me for a walking stick; Jim has even made me a pair of water booties; they’ve hauled me all over the world.                                  
          The other day I heard them talking about going to Alaska for the start of the Iditarod and I’m hoping that they’ll come up with some kind of jacket so my metal fittings don’t freeze.   Whatever the case, I’m sure it will be an adventure.  I’m one lucky tripod!

No comments:

Post a Comment